|previous article in this issue||next article in this issue|
Document Details :
Title: La localité de Caṙavan
Author(s): MATEVOYAN, Karen
Journal: Revue des Études Arméniennes
Volume: 40 Date: 2021
Two 13th-century inscriptions engraved in the žamatun of Hoṙomos mention shops located in Caṙavan, in the fortress of Surb-Gēorg. This place must be close to Caṙak’ar, another name for Małasberd, whose monastery Caṙavank’ was turned into a fortress by Vest Sargis in 1024. On this site, see REArm 30, pp. 273-299.