this issue
next article in this issue

Document Details :

Title: La Crucifixion par Ibrāhīm al-Nāsiḫ et Yūḥannā al-Armanī
Subtitle: Redécouverte d'un triptyque ottoman chez les Jésuites du Caire
Author(s): AUBER DE LAPIERRE, Julien
Journal: Journal of Coptic Studies
Volume: 21    Date: 2019   
Pages: 1-11
DOI: 10.2143/JCS.21.0.3285799

Abstract :
Located in the Collège de la Sainte-Famille in Cairo, a 18th century triptych of the Crucifixion painted by the icon painters Ibrāhīm al-Nāsiḫ and Yūḥannā al-Armanī, reveals an interesting art and collections history, from the church of Sitt Barbāra (Old Cairo) to its present location. This icon belonged in particular to Dr. G. Baÿ, a close friend of Gaston Maspero’s and an important collector in Cairo at the beginning of the 20th century. After his death, the triptych was sold by auction in 1923.

Download article


35.172.224.102.