PEETERS ONLINE JOURNALS
Peeters Online Bibliographies
Peeters Publishers
this issue
  previous article in this issuenext article in this issue  

Document Details :

Title: Rimburg: Ringvormige burcht
Author(s): SCHRIJNEMAKERS, A.
Journal: Naamkunde
Volume: 35    Date: 2003-2004   
Pages: 203-207
DOI: 10.2143/NK.35.0.2002105

Abstract :
Het aan de oostgrens van Nederlands Zuid-Limburg gelegen dorp Rimburg heette vroeger Overhusen en vormde zodanig eeuwenlang een onderdeel van de heerlijkheid Rimburg, die rond de thans vlak over de Nederlands-Duitse grens gelegen burcht van die naam was ontstaan. In 1794 werd die heerlijkheid in een 'commune' veranderd en vanaf 1814 was er sprake van de 'gemeente' Rimburg.




Rimburg: a Ring-shaped Castle
The village Rimburg at the eastern frontier of Dutch Southern Limbourg was previously called Overhusen. It was -bearing this last name- for centuries part of the Rimburg dominion, that arose around the (now) German Rimburg Castle. In 1794 the dominion was converted into a 'municipality' and from 1814 on the 'community' of Rimburg is mentioned.

download article




35.171.183.163.